6/09/2009

So, I'm learning that along with a sister comes a lot of sharing. In that spirit, I'm turning over some of the narrative voice on my--er, our--blog to my wee sibling. You will be able to tell who's perspective you're getting by the obvious vocabulary differences between me, Winona, and the newborn, Jezebel. To weed out any possible confusion, we'll also give you an initial at the start of our thoughts.
i.e.
W: This sharing thing is not so bad, so long as I maintain ultimate control.
J: Mmmmmmmmm. Milk.
See how it works? Since I have a three and a half year head start on my version of things, I'll let Jezebel tell you a little something about herself...
J: I came into this world at 9 lbs. 8 oz., 20.5 inches--5 ounces and 1 inch smaller than my big sis, so mama already likes me better. This rather compromised picture of me does highlight the magnificent midwife Colleen who helped me come into this world...

I'm a mellow, happy and peaceful babe, unless you try to change my diaper.
Let that be a warning to everyone.

I'm a good sleeper (too good. I haven't gained enough weight back, yet, according to my checkup this morning, so mom needs to wake me up in the middle of the night more often. And she thought we were already at the "sleeping through the night" stage. No such luck. Sorry, mom...just remember--5 ounces and 1 inch smaller.)