7/06/2010

W: We went to a parade on the 4th. None in town here, but in a little, rural community just south of here they pull out all the stops; by which I mean: horses, old cars, boy scouts and Miss Something Or Others who throw candy. Can't beat it. Oh, and an air show, too--planes flew overhead and "waved"--pretty cool. All in all I liked the parade, but we left a little early because the sirens and the planes were too loud. So, too, were the fireworks later the same day. We are decidedly loud about our national independence. Good candy and brats, though.


J: I like summer. I like being naked. I like when mom and dad leave the back door open and I can just wander out and pick berries and stomp along after the dogs and eat stuff off the ground. I like laughing at my sister. That's what I'm doing here.

W: I like summer, too. Mostly because of the berries (have we already covered this?). But other stuff too: I like camp and later bedtimes. I like friends coming over more often and more parties. I like days like this, when we just lie around, playing harmonica, making Jez laugh, and checking out my toes.



And you thought I was kidding about the toes. Nope. Not kidding.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:11 AM

    I just love visiting your blog...keep up the good work. I want more of you and Mike. XXOO to everyone!

    ReplyDelete